John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm getting horizontal color stripes on my clx 3175. I just

Customer Question

Hi, I'm getting horizontal color stripes on my clx 3175. I just put in new cartridges.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Check the following the reason could be one of them

1. The toner may be not seated properly.

2. The toner may be defective

3. The packaging tape must be still on, on the toner.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

To correct the problem try these steps, between each steps close the printer, and then turn it on and print a test page to see if the problem is still there.

Remove the toner and check if there is any yellow or orange plastic packaging tape is still there if yes remove it.

Remove the toner and gently clean the cartridge using a soft dampened cloth and then try to print.

Replace the toner and check if the problem still persist then the printer requires a service center job.

Check if the printer is still under warranty to avail warranty support service.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
those were the things I found on the Samsung support web site. I did those and it didn't help. Any further ideas? Thanks.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open the below link by clicking on it

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repairing+Samsung+clx-3175+Colour+Laser+Printer+Fix+black+vertical+lines/9183

in the page that opens scroll down and you will see steps mentioned on right side

try these steps

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if it makes any change