John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I own a Canon MX870 printer. I scanned an image today and

Customer Question

I own a Canon MX870 printer. I scanned an image today and the image did not show up in my iPhoto application, as it has in the past. It was scanning fine and saving the image to iPhoto last week and I'm wondering if I accidentally hit a button on the front of the printer when I shut down the power that changed something in the operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Which folder in Finder that the old scanned files were saved to previously?

Is there any error or message when scanning?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no error or message when scanning. The scanning procedure ("Image Capture" application) proceeds like in the past, but the scanned image is not being saved into iPhoto. I've had this Canon MX870 for several years and have always scanned images the same way. Can you help me without a remote support session?

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I do all the troubleshooting steps for you, but yes, I can provide written instructions per your request.

- In Image Capture, what is the option showing at the "Scan To:" drop-down list?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.