Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Unable to scan to e-mail with Dell E525w laser printer...get

Customer Question

Unable to scan to e-mail with Dell E525w laser printer...get a prompt
SMPT not configured. Please send details on how to configure SMPT
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

To configure email alerts with SMTP, go to the IP address of the printer in your browser to bring up the web management interface. In the left pane click on the SMTP notification configuration. On the right you will be presented with the SMTP configuration options. This is where you will enter the information for your email server that is given to you by the email provider along with your username, password, and authentication settings. All the settings will come from the provider of your email service and are different for each provider. So you must contact them get the correct settings. Save the settings and the SMTP settings will be configured.