Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

When tying to print address on envelope, it do not print

Customer Question

When tying to print address on envelope, it do not print where it is supposed to. It prints near the bottom of the envelope. The options for printing both address and return address are all messed up. I am using a Canon PIXMA MP495. My email is **********
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When trying to type address of person to receive letter, the address prints at the bottom of the envelope
with the name, but the rest of address is off the envelope. The return address prints about two inches from top of envelope and about 1 inch from the left edge of the envelope. Very frustrating..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Operating system is Windows 7 with e- Machines computer.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To prevent wasting envelopes, whatever your problem with printing alignment, it is best to use the

File - Print Preview

function when your document is composed, before actually sending the print job. That will tell you

A. what your printout will look like, with current print settings and document details/content

and also

B. whether your paper type and so forth is set up correctly for envelopes, or whether the printer will proceed to assume that you are printing on an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper, etc.

Print Preview brings up a screen that shows what your printout ought to look like, you see.

As for printing on envelopes and finding that the address is too far down, there are two especial considerations to adjust:

1. are you placing the envelope in the printer correctly and according to instructions that came with the printer? (If you need these instructions for your model of printer, just Reply asking me for them.)

2. Top Margin settings must be reduced, possibly to 0.00, in order for the placement of the address on the envelope to be correct.

Print Preview will reflect whatever margin settings you have in place - provided you save the changed setting, the Print Preview should show the effect of the change.