John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just installed Windows 10 on my HP Laptop. I have a

Customer Question

I just installed Windows 10 on my HP Laptop. I have a Lexmark X5650 printer that was working fine with windows 8. Now I'm being told that there is no communication between the laptop and the printer. I have unplugged everything and plugged everything back in with no results. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is connected with a USB.
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.
Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 36 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be charged an extra $25 for this service.
Typically, yes there is an extra charge for the remote service. If you wish, you can wait until we are finished today before you accept that remove service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO thanks anyway. I will cancel this and request a refund.
We don't have to do the remote. We can do it the old-fashioned way, if you prefer.