Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My Kodak all in one printer gives me the printhead code of

Customer Question

my Kodak all in one printer gives me the printhead code of 3513 and says the printhead is missing or loose..... I have pulled the ink cartridges and the printhead several times and reinstalled but continue to get the same message.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was chatting with Robert!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.
about the only thing left to try is to make sure that all of the contacts between the printhead and where it sits in the printer are clean and making good contact when it fits in.
and that the little ribbon cable between the printer and the printhead is still connected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wiped the contacts and the ribbon is curled as it usually is when I open the top and the printhead slides across to the middle position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I powered it off again after recleaning and still the same thing! my printer is probably 4 to 5 years old and has printed a lot of photos...... maybe not worth a new printhead!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
you dont say what model it is but i would say probably not. some printers the print head is cheap on others it costs almost as much as a new printer. And though it seems the most likely problem there is no guarantee that it is the problem or the only problem.
Other than very high end printers most of the home use printers these days are sold at just above cost and the company makes money on the ink which has outrageous markups. So its really not usually worth spending a lot to fix an old broken printer.