Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I needed to re-set my MacBook Pro. Of course I lost all of

Customer Question

I needed to re-set my MacBook Pro. Of course I lost all of my printer settings. I didn't think this would be an issue, however, I am having difficulty reinstalling the drivers and what-not for the printer. I have a Canon MX870. I would like to use the wifi to print and scan. Can you walk me through the set up for this please? Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

If you are not able ti add the printer by clicking on the + sign that you see on Printers & Scanners window, the issue is with the connectivity. You required to setup wireless again in order to get it resolved.

Have you recently changed any wireless settings or router. If no, please turn off the computer, printer and router at the same time, wait for two minute and restart all. Check if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please setup wireless again on your printer by following the instructions in the document below.

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/wireless/setup_350_870_mac.pdf

Then, try adding the printer again.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is installing. I will check back with you when it is finished one way or the other.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone. However, I can help you by remotely accessing your computer.

Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $30 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"

If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".

Thank you.

S H E F I N