Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I cannot print from my ADF, it tells me to place my document

Customer Question

I cannot print from my ADF, it tells me to place my document on the scanner or paper source setting is invalid. I just want to cioy from my adf
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What brand and model is this?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
epson work horse 7610
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Put the paper in the ADF then press home.
Select copy and you will see the screen in this image:
https://files.support.epson.com/faq/images/Docs/lcd_copy_wf7610_7620.jpg
Select settings and it should let you choose the adf.
If for some reason you do not see that look for a 2 sided option and turn that on.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no ADF option, I selected 2 sided it has options: 2x2 sided, 1>2 sided, 2>1 sided?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just trying to copy a straight one sided document
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try the second option. The ADF is meant for multi page documents and double sided even though it is a single page telling the machine it is double sided should force it to be used.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now its telling me the paper source is invalid, 8x10 plain or letter, I have tried both, still nothing.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried using the platen instead? It is what the machine is designed to use for single pages.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to print a 5 page document on the ADF, why can't i just put the document in the ADF and print?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You said it was a single page before.
Using the steps I gave you before instead of clicking on settings, choose presets.
Do you see a preset for a mutli page document there?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion, I am very frustrated. I am in presets but there are no settings just boxes that say add new
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but I am not sure why it is not detecting the adf with these settings changed so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying to print using plain paper loaded in the adf. Or are you trying to scan or copy a document placed in the adf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, after spending what seemed about 3 hours trying to figure out the problem, and since Freddy was no help, I went back to staples and asked the salesman to show me how to copy multiple copies from the ADF. He put 3 pieces of paper in the ADF tray pushed copy, well guess what happen? It made copies. That was it, I went home, packed the printer up and took it back to the store. That solved my problem!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes that's what I was thinking. You were trying to hit print instead of copy.

Glad it worked out for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on my printer you should be able to put your copies in the ADF and press the button for either black and white or color. Once you select which one you want it scans the papers in the ADF and then prints them. Simple huh, but my printer kept saying put the sheet on the scanner, I was in the print option. Since I never really got an answer, do I have to pay the full price or just the $5.00 deposit?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you know i actually have no idea how that works and you would have to sort it out with customer service. you can email them at***@******.*** i am sure they will even give you a full refund if you request it.

other than that i hope that you will give me a good rating though i guess i got here a little bit late to help you.