John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How can I reset a forgotten admin password on a Xerox 6400

Customer Question

how can I reset a forgotten admin password ***** a Xerox 6400
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In order to reset the password, you can do this:
- note down, carefully and exactly, the serial number of your Xerox 6400 machine.
- note down, carefully and exactly, the page count number of your Xerox machine also. Don't print nor copy anything during the interval after taking the number down, so as not to ruin the procedure.
- contact Xerox Support by phone. Ask them for a code to reset the admin password, which they can generate from the serial number and the page count.
- when you get the reset code, you press
*
3
C
(star, three, Cee)
and enter the code that Xerox Support generates for you.
I do not know of any other way of doing a reset of the admin password.
The serial number is ***** by pressing MACHINE STATUS and looking at the upper left side of the screen.
The total impressions count or page count, is found by pressing BILLING INFORMATION and then noting the page count or total impressions.
Let me know how it goes, please, and whether this works. Thanks.