John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How to calibrate my printer canon LBP5050

Customer Question

how to calibrate my printer canon LBP5050
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

When you say that you want to calibrate your Canon printer, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my printer suddently came out of order color. so want to make it in order again. I understand that we can calibrate the printer to make the printer print the correct color
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried to calibrate using the option given at the printer's properties but I did it for so many times, its still cannot calibrate and the printer came out "out of register color". Please help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached herewith the file how I calibrate my printer
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

If it will not calibrate, sounds like a dirty calibration sensor. This can happen in machines that are older or are used heavily. CLICK HERE for an image showing the sensors.

SR10 and SR11 are the color calibration sensors. If either or both are not completely clean, color calibration will be off to some degree.

These two sensors appear to be located on the transfer belt in the image above. This is not the case. The two sensors look down onto the transfer belt. Clean them with a cotton swab and see if it will calibrate correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thomas, thanks for your respond.
My problem now how do I look at to the sensor that you mentioned. is it inside the printer?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Are you familiar and comfortable with opening the printer? If not you may pass it along to a local repair office, or contact Canon.