John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is an MX 870 Canon. I love it! Never had any

Customer Question

My printer is an MX 870 Canon. I love it! Never had any problems with the machine until yesterday. I put 2 new ink tanks in, 221Y and 221C, then I printed out a 4x6 photo. It came out perfect, so I decided to print out one more and about two thirds in, the printer shut down. No power at all! I checked the outlet which was ok. Next I removed the AC plug from the outlet and printer and reset them. Did the same thing with the USB cable. No problem with the computer. No LED lights at all on the printer. Can you help
Thanks ,
Denny
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

If you look on the power brick, does it have an LED light indicating whether or not it has power?