Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My paper tray is hung and wont come out, its like on the

Customer Question

My paper tray is hung and wont come out, its like on the right side facing machine, think I could get it out if could get main door off
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
If the paper tray has been inserted incorrectly, it may be stiff to remove, but if you pull firmly on it, it may still come out.
Alternatively, you can try pushing it from the other side of the machine if it is accessible - please let me know the make and model number if you require further assistance with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a canon imagerunner c10221. you can't access from rear. I have pulled it hard I think something is broke or something got jammed in there. when start pulling it out it comes out a couple inches and then you move the little lever on left up and it shold come on out. Its totally blocked on the right slot. Ive tried pulling the front big door open and pushing down with a screw driver the paper thing in the tray to the bottom but if I could get the door off I could get it the rest of the way out. Can it be accessed from bottom? there is no paper in tray and I had same trouble last two time I filled the tray but if would eventually come out.
You can view the various parts of the printer on the following diagram:
http://local.nols.org/techsupport/printers/Canon1022i/contents/intro_001a/func.html
The paper tray cannot be accessed from the bottom, but it can be more easily accessed by removing the second paper tray.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's only one tray and that's the stuck one