Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have windows 8, I've been trying to install our new

Customer Question

I have windows 8, I've been trying to install our new printer the HP offivejet 6600 and can't get it to print. Wirelessly or by USB. It will scan, but when I open a document and try and print it doesn't show It as an option but it is listen under devices. I've installed additional driver software and I'm just at a loss.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Open the control panel and then click on hardware and sound.
Then click on devices and printers.
Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the printer.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.