Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

We have cyan issue with a Xerox 7500, only prints cyan on

Customer Question

Hi Russell, we have cyan issue with a Xerox 7500, only prints cyan on 1/3 page and fade lines on page,
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. By phaser do you mean you replaced the fuser? If you are not sure can you give me the part number of what you replaced? Does everything else print properly or is some of it faded/gapped?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy,thanks, ***** ***** is the imaging unit, , there is always one faded line in same position and sometimes two lines, and even with , and when there is cyan on the page only 1/2th of page is printing cyan area , so cyan not printing at all on 1/2th page,
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the reason I asked if it was faded and had gaps is because that would be caused by the fuser. It could also cause your Cyan issue. The imaging unit is responsible for transferring the toner, but the fuser is responsible for heating it so that it can be transferred. If it does not heat properly you will usually see faded prints that sometimes have gaps. In order to fix this the fuser normally needs to be replaced. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Xerox.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before this issue, we had cyan leaking on lower 20% of the page, so replaced cartridge, which stopped the leak but as described we now have major cyan issue, in your opinion will the fuser really fix this cyan non print areas or does it sound like the cyan could be due to something else
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I asked if the others were faded and had gaps as well. You said they were so to me it sounds like the fuser would be causing it. The cyan however you may also want to remove and clean the entire inside of the machine around it before testing.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the faded lines are generally caused by a new fuser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fixed by a new fuser?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The faded lines are normally caused by the fuser not heating the toner fully so the imaging unit can transfer it. It can be caused by either the fuser or imaging unit. But you already replaced the imaging unit which would rule that out so we are left with the fuser. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Xerox.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last question, would a faulty fuser cause a line in same position each time?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It can sometimes yes. Though that is more common for the imaging unit. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Xerox.
.