John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My magicolor 4690 mf said to replace the black i unit so i

Customer Question

My magicolor 4690 mf said to replace the black i unit so i did. I was low on toner so i replaced it to. Now my printer will only print a few pages and says its out of ink?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it a genuine and not refilled or compatible cartridge?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure. The imaging unit was replaced and so was the toner. I thought i got a bad toner so i got another one three times.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Where did you get it from? And the imaging unit actually has a little to do with detecting the toner so it is possible that is causing this. In which case can you test the new toner with the old imaging unit?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Online. I dont remember.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Then it could be a compatible rather than genuine toner cartridge which will cause this issue. Can you test the new toner with the old imaging unit?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the printer won't work with the old one
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It would just be to see if the same error comes up, do you have a receipt for the toner? It should say the site on the receipt and I could find out if it is genuine or not.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do it wiser.com
Its compatible not original
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Wiser.com goes to a automation software page http://www.wiser.com/
Either way as I mentioned compatible, generic and refills can all cause this.
Can you try a genuine cartridge for me?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill have to buy one and get back to u. I have to order online so itll take a bit.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Take all the time you need just make sure it is genuine. You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ty
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.
.