Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I own a Canon "Pixma" MX860 All-in-One printer and it works

Customer Question

I own a Canon "Pixma" MX860 All-in-One printer and it works well. I recently had the operating system on my Apple laptop upgraded to Yosemite. Consequently, they had to wipe off all exisiting programs. When i got home and re-attempted to hook up the wireless printer, it doesn't show up among available devices.
For what it is worth, i don't have any of the original installations disks that came with the printer.
PLEASE advise/thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please click on below link to download and install the driver software for the printer

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx860#DriversAndSoftware

in the page that opens select osx yosemite 10.10 as the operating system

it will list down the available downloads

click on the scanner driver and cups printer driver and install them

let me know if you face any difficulty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded the links.
Now what ??
Thanks.
I'd much prefer to talk if you could please call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you need to double click on the downloaded file to install it

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

if you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and install it for you

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you wish i can remote access your mac computer and install the printer software in front of you..let me know if that would be fine with you

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will not be able to make a phone call at the moment..please let me know if you would like me to remote access and fix this for you..else i will have to opt out and open this question..let me know and i will proceed further accordingly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. You have an option to pay an additional $20 to talk to someone and I resubmitted my credit card. All I want is the printer hooked up. I will go whichever route gets that done most quickly. For what it is worth, I already downloaded the software and need to know the next steps. I'd much prefer to talk to somebody (if not you). This back and forth is beyond silly.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately i will not be able to go forward with remote access or phone call
i will open this question to my fellow experts for their assistnace
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Would you still like help with this issue? If so, I am sending you the offer for phone support and screen sharing, so I can speak to you directly and also so I can connect to your mac from here, and work on installing the printer directly.

Please reply when you would like to continue.

Dustin S.