Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

The cartridge door is open on my carriage and has jammed on

Customer Question

The cartridge door is open on my carriage and has jammed on my Lexmark printer. How do I release the carriage?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, turn Off the printer, and unplug it from the power.

Then open the top of the printer, as if to change cartridges. Reach into the printer and carefully pull or propel the carriage into clear view. One the top of the carriage and the cartridge doors are in view, provided that the carriage actually moves freely enough without any force being exerted to move it, remedy the jam, close the cover completely and properly, and see if, when plugged into power and turned On, but with the top of the printer itself still open, the carriage manages to move normally, etc. Then close the top of the printer and see how it behaves.

If that procedure does not bring the printer back into working order, let me know what it does, so that I may advise you further.