Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions
62924203

Unable to clean 51 on a Brother Printer

Customer Question

I am deaf. so how do I~solve this problem the message is unable to clean 51 on a Brother Printer MFC440CN
I just want to be able to use the printer as I have a couple of boxes of ink. I am using a Mac Computer using OSx
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oK. Then do I just log off now and wait for you to email me`? my email is***@******.***. Please understand that I am a profoundly deaf person and can only communicate by email and mobile text messages. Thanks a lot for your patience so far.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!I'm sorry for the problems you are having with your printer. I wish I could be the bearer of good news instead of bad, but your printer will not be able to be repaired without a knowledgeable repair technician. Unable to clean means that your ink absorber is full. The ink absorber does just that: absorbs ink into a sponge like material every time that the printhead is cleaned. After several hundred cleanings the absorber gets full and must be replaced. This however is no easy task, and requires dismantling the printer. Were I you, I would invest in a new printer. Please reply with what you use the printer for and I will gladly make a recommendation for you.