Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Changed black cartridge and now it will not print

Customer Question

changed black cartridge and now it will not print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Do you get any error message/code on the printer or the computer?
Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?
Does it print blank pages?
Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
no
yes
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Please try the following and let me know the response.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancel
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If the issue persists, try checking the nozzle patterns and cleaning the printhead by following the instructions below. Printing Nozzle check pattern : https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp410_/xp410_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP410/checking_nozzles_lcd_xp410.html Clean printhead : https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp410_/xp410_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP410/cleaning_head_lcd_xp410.html If the issue still persists, the issue is with the printhead and you have to get the printer repaired in order to get the issue resolved. However it may cot you more for repairing the printer and it is not worthy if the printer is too old. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N still persists even after