Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a Canon MP640R. I just tried to print and I received

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP640R. I just tried to print and I received an error #B200. Unplug power and contact service center.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, if the cartridges can move to the center or not, after opening the printer cover ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cartridges do not move after opening the cover.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
OK, now power off the printer and then try to move the cartridges with your hand to the center and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to move the cartridges to the center manually.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
OK, keep the cartridges in the center and power on the printer then, let me know if the cartridges move back to the resting position or not ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cartridges went to resting spot. Still have B200 error.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. I asked you try those steps, just to confirm if the cartridges can move or not. Now the problem you are facing is caused due to temperature problem of the printhead. Please open the link below and follow the steps one by one and check the result. If the problem persist then, unfortunately the printhead is dead and you have to replace it. Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.fr/2011/10/how-to-fix-error-b200-on-canon-printers.html