Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a Canon MP560 Color printer. I am getting a message:

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP560 Color printer. I am getting a message: "U052 The type of print head is incorrect. Install correct print head". I never changed the print heads, I just replaced the empty ink cartridges. I can't print at all. Please help!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. The error means that the printhead is not installed properly or damaged. In this case, you have to replace the printhead in order to get the issue resolved. However, I would suggest you try removing the printhead cleaning it and reinstalling it. Please follow the instructions below. Remove all the ink cartridges and then the printhead from the machine.http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=31830Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means where the printhead seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If the issue persists, you have to replace the printhead in order to get the issue resolved. However, if the printer is old, it is better to get a new printer itself, because the printhead costly and may cost you nearby a new printer itself. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N