John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

A yellow triangle appears in the window showing amount of copies

Customer Question

A yellow triangle appears in the window showing amount of copies to print and is flashing E. the printer is a Canon MG 2140
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Does the number-of-copies window show a number alternating with the 'E' ? if so, what is that number? it would be an error code and indicate what the exact nature of the problem is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now just showing the number-of copies and the freezes
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
When you first power it on, does it immediately go into the number-of-copies-shown and then freeze ? What *is* the number of copies that is showing, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows 1
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Does the '1' alternate with the 'E' ? or is the printer now just displaying '1' after you have started the printer up again? If there is still an 'E', an error condition, then if there is an orange light flashing on the printer, how many times does it flash, then pause, then repeat the flashing pattern again?