Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Brother P-touch PT-D200 which I used frequently.

Customer Question

I have a Brother P-touch PT-D200 which I used frequently. It was just left for 8 months without any use and when I tried to turn it on nothing. Readjusted the batteries, changed the batteries, tried according to the direction received with the labeler to reset it -
NOTHING. Any suggestions?????
Thanks Peg
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Make sure the label printer is getting power. Change or swap the AC adapter that provides it with power, if possible. Also change the outlet that you are getting power from for the printer.
Change the batteries for new ones, also, if you haven't already. Make sure, by inspecting first, that the terminals in the battery compartment are not corroded nor dirtied, but are bright shiny metal to the eye.
And check the connection of the AC adapter to the printer - the jack it goes into, as to whether anything is loose, broken, stressed, cut, strained, etc.
After which, you may have no alternative but to choose between having the printer repaired, and replacing it. I don't know which one you would prefer, for any of various reasons, but if you consider the printer's age (measured from buying it), then if it is still within 1 year of purchase date, having it repaired under warranty might be best, ***** ***** repairs are for free.
Let me know what happens, and what you think. And I will advise you further.