John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The bot***** *****ght on my Lexmark E232 stays on. The door is

Customer Question

The bot***** *****ght on my Lexmark E232 stays on. The door is closed. What can the problem be.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Does the light goes off, when you open the cover ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, the light stays on when door is open or closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I could not get back to you, as I was offline. Please reply me back, if you want to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have NOT helped me at all. What do you mean you were offline!! Pls. get back to me immediately.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
I mean, I am offline, when you replied me back, anyway are you free now to continue ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you in Canada? If not, exactly where are you? What phone # ***** you be reached at?
I need the printer working soon, or I will request a refund & buy a new printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Phone service will not help in this matter, because this is a hardware failure of the printer and we have to find out which part is defective.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, how do you plan to fix my printers problem? You did NOT answer my questions.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
See, as this is a hardware problem, it is not possible to fix the printer through chatting or phone conversation, I can only help you find out, what is exactly defective and then you can replace that part to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How so you plan to determine what is defective? If we can't do this by chatting or phone, how else can you help me?
Can I get my money back?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
We have to try some test to know, what is defective, I will tell you what you have to do and you just let me know the result, it will help me to understand, what is defective, as I cannot see your printer, this is the only way to know about the defective parts and if you do not want to continue like this, as I cannot repair your printer through Internet then, please let me know, so that I can send a refund request for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't appear to me that you can help me, so pls. refund as soon as possible. Tks.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
I already said that, it is not possible to repair the printer through Internet. I can only help you to detect the spare, which is causing the problem. If you do not think that, helping in detecting the faulty spare will help you then, I will definitely send a refund request for you.