Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My Brother MFC-J6520DW says "offline". How can I turn that

Customer Question

My Brother MFC-J6520DW says "offline". How can I turn that to "online"?
It shows the internet is ok but continues to be offline and I cant figure out how to get it back online. Any help greatly appreciated.
thanks
Merlene
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
1. Unplug the routers power cable and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.
2. unplug the printer power as well and let it sit.
3. Connect the routers power back and let it turn on and bootup
wait for 3 mins to get the router booted up and be stable
now turn the pc/computer on and let the computer connect to the wireless and verify the pc is connected to the internet using wireless service.
4. Now turn the printer power on and let it boot as well.
Now try to print and tell me if it prints or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all the above but the printer is still offline. Please advise how to get it back online
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know the operating system installed on the computer thats connected to printer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
power off the printer.
uninstall the printer driver from the computer and then restart it after removing the diver.
re install the printer driver from the latest driver download and select wifi during the installation will fix the problem.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15). It is 100% safe as you will be watching your screen and we can use a live chat to communicate, it will be a faster mode of help.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all of that before I went to the internet for help. I will have to get a technician to come in and look at it as nothing suggested here has helped.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you may opt for a technician however that will cost you more the $100. i have offered you a remote fix if you would like i can fix it right now with an additional charge of $15.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not know there is additional charge - this was not disclosed and I don't feel safe with this option.
The printer error is TS-07. Do you know what this is?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
it was just an additional offer is is not mandatory to accept it however the error error is TS-07 means Connection : Failed (Error : TS-07) on the WLAN report.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once again I have done all the above, third time now but no success. My internet is on and working so I cant work out why the printer is not picking it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem has not been resolved. Please do not charge me as I am getting someone in to look at it.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle please confirm no payment is taken. Thank you.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you got the original instructions to set the printer up?If you go through those again it should connect. Unless there is a physical problem with the printer It is using WiFi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, yes it is using wifi but is "offline" and no matter what I do I cant get it to connect to the wifi even though the wifi light is on. Unfortunately I don't have the original instructions for set up so I have called a tech to come and look at it as I cannot find the problem even following all the instructions given by Michelle previously.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
does it say offline on the printer or the computer ?there are 2 parts to a wifi setup. first you connect the printer to the wifi routerthen you connect the computer to the printer through the wifito find out if the printer lost its wifi connection you need to either run a network diagnostic page from the printer menu on the printeror sometimes it will say if it has an ip address on the wifi menu on the printerif it is not connected you have to go through the wifi setup on the printer menu. if it is connected but got a new ip address which happens you just have to install it on the computer again delete the printer from the devices and printers folderthen click the add printer buttonsay network printerlet it scan for printersif it shows up on the list just click next next next and it should create the printer again and it should work if it does not show up on the list than the printer is not connected to the wifi and you have to go through the steps to connect it to the wifi. usually its pretty easy. just select wifi from the printer menu and either put in the passkey from the wifi or hit the wps button on the router till it flashes and you have 2 minutes to tell do the next step on the printer to connect