Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My company just purchased a C711WT printer and I have been

Customer Question

Hi, my company just purchased a C711WT printer and I have been trying to use the printer to print a color logo on a black t-shirt. When I remove the background with photoshop elements 11, it still prints white background. I called the tech team from the company from which we purchased the printer and they have been trying to provide me steps on how to do it with photoshop elements. They said they could do it with photoshop. do you have any instructions on the steps that need to be taken to resolve this issue. thanks in advance. Mike
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,
You will need to make your design's background transparent in Photoshop Elements.
Locate your layers panel and double-click the word that says “background”. This will create a pop-up box to name your new layer. Drag this new layer (layer 1) below the current layer.
Click on the layer next to your thumbnail to highlight it. Press the “W” key which is a short code for your “quick selection tool”. Left click and drag this over the part of your image you want to make transparent.
Now, the easy part. Push delete. You should see white and grey checkered boxes where your background once was. This is indicative of a transparent background.
Save the image and print it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we tried doing the checkered box process to make transparent. We do this for our direct to garment printer and it works for it. It does not work for the c711WT printer, I was told that to get the file to print, we'd have to use clipping masks or get a vector file but no one has been able to provide us steps on how to do so.
Ok, not sure what the issue is then, let me see if another expert can assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I've seen this issue mentioned in several blogs but nothing has worked, although some of the solutions were for photoshop cc and not elements. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel the question. I figured it out.....just for your information, in case you are ever asked again. After creating the transparent background, take the image and create a forward path, then save and then create clipping mask. Save the clipping mask and the image will print on the oki data c711wt without the white background. I couldn't do this with elements but was able to do it with photoshop cs6. thanks