Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My Canon IP4700 had a few issues that seemed to be printer

Customer Question

My Canon IP4700 had a few issues that seemed to be printer head related. I removed the head assembly and rinsed it with water, careful not to get any on the contacts. It worked for a few pages of printing, but it quit printing black, both in the BK and PGBK modes. The test page prints colors well and the black bars bracketing the color key, but that's all.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the detailed information. Unfortunately, the problem you are facing is caused due to three reasons, one if the printhead is defective, two if the logic board is defective or three is the cartridges are defective. But, as you are facing the problem with both cartridges, it means the this is not a cartridge problem. Try to clean the printhead once more using the same method and if this time you face the same problem then, most probably the logic board is defective and in that situation you have to keep in mind the age of the printers, because if the printer is more than three years old then, the repairing cost will be more than the price of a new printer, as the logic board is the most expensive part of any printer, which controls each and every functions of the printer. Please let me know, if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.