Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I need to remove old wps pin code from pixma mp495 printer

Customer Question

i need to remove old wps pin code from pixma mp495 printer i turned off wps on my router and now the printer is bricked
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Being that it was connected via WPS shouldn't have any effect on it being able to connect to the new or changed signal.
You may have another issue holding you back that requires a bit of analysis to figure out what the problem is. For this reason, may I remote into your system quickly so that I can help you resolve this problem?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no im not paying 14 bucks for you to remote in its a fresh installation of windows 7 what information do you need? by the way this has taken place over 3 machines, well 2 my machine runs linux primarily but there is no support from canon for a linux option so ive tried on my wifes laptop and then installed windows on a partition on this machine, when i factory reset the printer it retains the wps key in the logfile and my wpa2 key tells me that the key is incorrect... ive verified it it is
I didn't suggest that you would have to pay 14 DOLLARS to remote in.Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following code http://74.208.221.55/?Session=d1883e2d-a0d9-41b6-86c8-fcc491c3564b and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
- Jason