Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I just changed the ink first time on my maxify

Customer Question

Hi, I just changed the ink for the first time on my maxify 2320. Unfortunately I put the black one in upside down. I removed it and put it in correctly but can't get my printer to print now. I've run the troubleshooter but no help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
When you do attempt to print something, what happens? Does the printer attempt to print? Are you given any type of error message on the printer?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a flashing orange light and an error message without a number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It tells me to turn the printer off and on again but it doesn't help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, it says support codeB504
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you there?
Thank you for the update. This may be a rather simple fix. It sounds like the printer may need to be reset. Please, unplug the power to the printer, wait a few seconds, plug the power back in, turn it on, and attempt to send another print to the printer. Was there any change?
If that doesn't help the problem, you will have to contact Canon at the following number and request a free replacement because this is a known problem with this printer: 1-***-***-****
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting to see if it prints. It says it's "processing" at the moment. Very slow to get going printing in general.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did turn it off, wait, then back on before attempting this printing. Still processing....
Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it didn't work. Still giving me the error code B504
This particular printer is known for this specific error. You putting the cartridge in incorrectly didn't cause the problem. This is a problem with the printer.
You can contact Canon and explain the issue to them at the number that follows. Once you do that, they will send you a replacement printer.
Canon Support Number: 1-***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's it? Okay. Thanks.
You are very welcome. Thank you. If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this website (Choosing number of stars to rate me and clicking the Submit button).Thank you again,Jason