Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My printer will not print when black ink is required. The

Customer Question

My printer will not print when black ink is required. The rest of the colors print very well.
Where do I start in getting it to work?
My printer is HP Officejet 4620
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Do you mean, you have replaced the inks with new one or removed them and reseat them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the inks with new ones, twice. Then I have tried to clean portals and replaced the latest brand new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other colors will print just fine.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Did you only try to clean it with q-tips ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This whole process has been so frustrating...I give up! Cancel my order...I'm taking my printer into the shop
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
This problem cannot be solved by phone conversation, as it is related to printer hardware, just follow the steps below to clean the printhead, once more and let me know the result. Clean the printhead with an automated tool from the printer control panel.Load plain, white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the input tray.On the printer control panel, press the Setup icon .Press the button next to the arrow until Tools displays next to OK.Press the button next to OK to select Tools, and then press the button next to the arrow until Clean Printhead displays next to OK.Press the button next to OK to clean the printheads.The printer cleans the printheads and then prints a test page.Evaluate the test page for print quality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the cleaning three times, and the black ink will still not print. What is left to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not gotten a response to my last question...I did what you told me to do and the printer still doe not print black ink.