John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Samsung CLP365W color printer , three of the toner

Customer Question

I have a Samsung CLP365W color printer , three of the toner lights blink but the light for the black toner stays on ,does not blink- and printer will not work???
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the toner light (for any color of toner) is blinking and red, that means a 'toner low' indication. A steadily On light means, status is empty, I think. So you probably need to replace the three colors of toner that are blinking their indicator lights.... but even more urgently, the black toner. But first, hold down the status button (or similar) on your printer for several seconds until the Status light blinks three times, to print a self-test page. At the lower right of the self-test page, you ought to see listings of how low the toner is (or, isn't, doubtfully). That will confirm (or not? ) the status of the toner cartridges. In sum, print a self-test page with a toner level indication listing on it. And replace the black cartridge at very least, I think - unless the light is On and is green. That may mean 'toner status OK' - and the uncertainty is why I recommend printing and looking at the self-test page first. (If the black print / text is missing from the self-test page, of course you should replace the black toner in consequence of that.) If this answers the question completely as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer - or Reply letting me know how the problem is going, or solved, and let me know what rating you would apply to my work, if the problem is over. Thanks.