Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Where do i find the PIN Canon pixma mg5600? have looked

Customer Question

where do i find the PIN for my Canon pixma mg5600? have looked everywhere
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Which 'pin' are you in search of? Is it the wireless pin, or some other sort of pin?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when trying to connect printer to computer i am asked to "enter WPS Pin on your MG5600 series -6EAFBF000000 or in the information that came with it"
May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II [AirCard 7905] Telstra
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but no thanks.I'll just have to keep trying as have other things to do
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
that only works on certain types of routers. you have to log into the router and under wifi there will be a section for pin type connectionThere are 3 ways to connect a printer.the oldest way is to know the wps passkey that you set up in the router. you would then have to put that in the printer.the second and still older way is to have the router generate a temporary easier to enter pin number which you put in the printer.the most modern way is where the router has a button on the router exterior. push and hold that for a few seconds and it will start to blinkyou then have two minutes to tell the printer to connect and it will do so automatically you need to look at the printer menu under wifi setup and see which methods it will use and then see which methods the router will use. the pin method is the most difficult on the router end. the passkey the most difficult on the printer end. the push button the easiest but not all printers or routers use it.