Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a Ricoh SPC410 DN and it prints great on regular paper,

Customer Question

I have a Ricoh SPC410 DN and it prints great on regular paper, but when I put in card stock I get toner clumping/not printing along the edges. I've tried every combination of every paper setting and it only works well with regular paper. Any ideas on what I can do to print clearly on cardstock?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached an example. I am pretty confident it's due to using cardstock and not having printer &/or software set to "cardstock" or thick paper. When I set software (Publisher) to cardstock and printer it prints clearly, but with a ghost. I have printer set to "cardstock" and software to "auto select" it beeps and tells me to change the paper type to plain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just realized...the ghost is only on the photos. Text is fine...this gets weirder all the time.
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Ensure the cardstock you are using is designed for laser printing and not inkjet.
Also ensure you are using a genuine Ricoh toner cartridge, as other compatible ones tend to have more toner leakage, especially when printing on thicker stock.
Apart from that, you will need to adjust the printer and paper settings until you get the desired results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, paper is laser compatible and it's a Ricoh toner cartridge. I have tried ever combination of printer/paper settings and there is not one that works. I thought maybe there was a setting I was missing or something else.