John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Lexmark 5650 won't duplex scan

Customer Question

lexmark 5650 won't duplex scan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask how the scaneris connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)
Which application are you using to make the scan?
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on my USB connection. I've uninstalled the drivers, then powered-off the printer. Afterwards, I rebooted the computer & downloaded the Win7 64bit version of the software from HP
Thank you for the update. It sounds like you have done all what is required to get this setup so you can use duplex scanning. This means that there is some underlying issue within the configuration or something to that effect.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the $30 IN ADDITION to the $26 original cost?!!!?
Yes, that is correct. For the remote service, there is an additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've yet to see the value of the original $26, so let's proceed from there...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well? Suggestion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
I understand. How do you wish to continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish you to provide me some suggestions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not making 'justanswer' look very good. The first thing you did was try to 'up-sell'.
And now, I have yet to get any real suggestions.
Very well. I will opt out and allow another person to work with you. I am sorry to hear that you have a bad opinion towards me.
The next expert will see all that was posted on this page. You will not have to repeat anything.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a bad opinion, I simply have not received $26 worth of effort.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Please tell me what error message you are getting, when scanning does not work, and where the error message appears, whether on the computer's screen, or on the Lexmark device itself. Also, please let me know how, or with what software, you are ordering the scan to start.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That is to say, where is the 'Flatbed' listed as the source of the scan? in what program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. There is no error; When using the scan function that came included with the Lexmark software, I put double-sided documents in the scanner, but it will only scan one side before moving on to the second page. In this same program it only gives "Flatbed" as the source, whereas there SHOULD be an ADF as an option, including the option to scan both sides.
The unit worked fine like that under XP. I had to upgrade to Win7 for my accounting software, so did so. While this Lexmark will print, its original use was as the best scanner I had. It was set to scan duplex at all times and worked fine.
I need help finding out why it will no longer Duplex Scan.
If you can provide me with detailed steps or suggestions, we can move forward & try to fix this.
Thank you.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me what the name of the program that you are using to scan with is.
I am not sure which Lexmark software you are using, you see.
Thanks.