Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I cannot connect from my iPad to air printer HP ENVY 4500 all

Customer Question

I cannot connect from my iPad to air printer HP ENVY 4500 all in one Printer. Printer itself is workin ok. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Besides the ipad and the printer do you have a computer? To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, let me know if you have a home wireless network, and if so what name brand and model the wifi router is, thank you. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an a sus laptop computer but NEVER use it. I use this iPad all the time.Router is Bell 458 and all lights are working. SAGEMCOM.F
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im not familiar with a router called Bell 458. I that the complete name brand and model? Also, do you know for certain whether it puts out a wireless signal. And if so, do you know the correct wireless password ***** order to connect to the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I use it for TV all the time. Pass word is 45D5A517.
Other info. [email protected] 2864
S/N 1328001637897
Pin. 25331441
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is the printer connected wirelessly to that same home network? If you are not certain. Then go to the printer and do the following. Press the wireless button on the printer control panel , then press settings. Scroll to the wireless setup wizard and press ok. Now, we need to select your home wireless network, and then enter the password ***** connect the printer to the router. Once i ts connected. then we next need to make sure the ipad is connected to the same wireless network.. To do so, on the ipad go to settings, network settings. and then tap your network, enter your password ***** connect. If you can complete those steps. Then last of all, we need to download and install the HP printing app for IOS devices. You can get it here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8 Once installed, you can use that app to print. If you get stuck or have any questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not working!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the site . I am flummoxed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also cannot find network settings.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Lets break this down into simple steps. Lets focus on the printer first. Were you able to go into the printers control panel, and connect it to your wireless network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes wireless direct is on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It says connection is excellent
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, how about the ipad.. Is it connected to the internet.? If so, how is it connected. DO you pay for a separate data package.. or is it connected to your home wifi network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Home wifi networh
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. So both the printer, and the ipad are connected to the same home wifi network. Excellent. All you should have to do now is download this app on your ipad https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8 Once you have downloaded the HP ePrint app, and installed it. Open and run the HP eprint app. iT should detect your printer and shows it name at the top of the app. If it does, then your all setup to print. Whether this works or not, please send a reply letting me know the outcome, thank you. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that. No Go
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I need you to be more specific.. When you say No Go what happened? Could you install the app.. Could you run the app.. Did it show your printer nearby?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I downloaded it. But cannot find anything of use on it. Please direct me,
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.. When you say you cant find anything of use on it. Do you mean you went into your applications, found the new HP eprint app. Launched it. And once launched. It didnt show your printer? And you didnt see the window above? If you did see the window above and it had your printer listed.. Then you should be able to tap on pictures, or one of the other 3 tabs to print. Please let me know at what point in the above process youre getting stuck, specifically. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not show my printer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Then when we were on the printer control panel, something went wrong. I want you to go back to the printer. Press the wireless button, go into the wireless settings, wireless setup. And then we need to make sure t hat its connecting to your Home wireless network. And once connected, it should ask for your password. ( I think before you said it was a direct connection. And thats probably whats wrong) If you are unsure or uncertain about any of the menu screens you see especially when choosing the wireless network to connect to. Please respond. As the printer Must be connected wirelessly, to the WIfi router before the ipad can see it . Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot connect to the router. Tried password. Tried direct.
.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. What we may need to do, is pull out the windows computer. Connect it to the printer via its usb cord. And then I can connect to the computer, update the printers firmware, and force it to connect to the network through the connection software on the computer. This can all be done through a remote support ( screen sharing session) If youd like to try that, send a reply and I will send the connection offer and connection steps to you. Dustin S.