Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Brother MFC9330CDW. Noticed that paper output has

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC9330CDW. Noticed that paper output has a repetitive indentation (like a deep water-mark) on the LHS of the printed copy -all the way down. Noticed also some orange paint-like material in the back of (i.e. behind) the toner cartridges and also some bits inside the back panel beneath the orange roller. These are about little-finger-nail size. Have vacummed some up but am sure there is some still inside. Is this causing the paper to have this unusual watermark on the left hand side of the printed output
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please print a test page ..you can right click on printer icon..printer properties..print test pagelet me know if the watermark indentation is there on the test page as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you are getting water mark on the test page that means there is some problem with the printer and not with the printer driver softwarew it must not be a water mark however it could be some kind of oily patch can you confirm that please.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I will not be able to make a phone call right now as i have the line busy on internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Online communication dropped out and I'm unable to re-establish contact for answer. Will not be able to reinstate now. Will try to re-establish at a later date. I understand there will be no charges to date as no contract has yet been concluded. Thanks, Mark
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
when do you want to continue?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Try these steps. Remove the toner from the printer unplug the power cable from the printer.Open all the covers rear, front and the paper trays too you will see the rubber rollers and wheels use a flash light to check the paper input and output path.There would be some piece of paper, clips, paper sticker or something which might be stuck inside the printer.You can open up the printer and blow air in it use a compressed air.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not been able to read your terms and conditions due to PC problems. As my problem seems major, will get a local technition under warranty . Thanks Mark
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you can try basic troubleshooting to resolve the problem however if you think its beyond fixing following my instruction then i would suggest you call up warranty support as its under warranty. Before you get a solution from your printer manufacturer they will ask you to follow the preliminary troubleshooting online and if it beyond that then you will get a free repair as its under warranty. let me know if you have any question i will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel this engagement now. Certainly will re-engage the contract with you when I need it. Thanks Mark
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using our service, have a good day.