John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP Photosmart C7280 , which I have never added new ink

Customer Question

My HP Photosmart C7280 , which I have never added new ink to, won't work. It was used very little and I never used the colored ink. Will it work again if I put new ink cartridges in it? It has a printer, fax,copier & scanner.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
What is the exact problem, you are facing , like the printer is ejecting blank pages etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to take so long. I have used a different printer for two years now. I was going to hook the HP back up so i could tell you, but I can't remember how. As I recall it wouldn't allow me to use it at all because I didn't put in new cartridges when it told me to.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
The Hp printer is already installed on your PC or you have to install the software also ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printers software is not loaded on my computer now.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK, do you have the new cartridges with you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have them somewhere, but I can't hook it up now. Do you think k it will work if I just put new cartridges and install it on my computer again? Or...does it just die when I don't follow its instructions?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
I cannot give you any answer on assumption, unless we are able to install the cartridges and then use it with the printer, but in most cases the printer started to work after installing the new cartridges and cleaning the printhead. If you are busy now, we can continue later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you again when I get new cartridges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably in two weeks.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem.