John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have always updated drivers on my Macbook pro - Yosemite

Customer Question

We have always updated drivers on my Macbook pro - Yosemite - My MP560 will not print duplex and the latest driver does not appear to give option to use rear document feeder i.e. used for letterheads. Can you help please
Arne J
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have accidentally deleted your reply - if you have answered please resend
Arne
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.Please unplug the printer from the Mac. Then click the apple icon on the upper left of your screen, go to System Preferences, then Printers. Then right click your printer and select "Reset Printing System". Confirm if prompted.Restart your Mac.Connect the printer to a different USB port, wait 5 minutes and try to print again. Please let me know if it worked or not. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, We have gone through the process you described several times without success and come back to my original question in which I gave you the full details of the Cannon driver downloaded and explained it did not give us the option to select the rear tray and although it did indicate we could print duplex this also does not work.
We are nowhere at this point
Arne j
PS I am not at my computer all the time so there may be a delay in replying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John
My Query has not been answered – please carefully read my original email – In which I explained and provided details of the latest printer driver I downloaded and installed – which does not print duplex as when the option exists and does not provide option to print from the rear document feeder which the original printer driver did.
I would expect you guys to have checked with Cannon to see how to rectify my problem.
Incidentally when I looked up the internet I thought I was getting a Cannon website and when I found I had to pay you guys I thought they had outsourced to you.
I will not rate service at this point as I am not getting the answer I believe I am asking for.
Arne J
PS. If you feel my Question is wrongly directed to Just Answer please Advise