Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Cannon MX712

Customer Question

Cannon MX712
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the error code it gives you? It should be 4 digits some may be letters.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B200
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a good error to have. How old is the machine? Have you tried cleaning it yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by cleaning it, what process do you reccommend
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
This error would not let you use the built in cleaning.So let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 secondsPlug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges messageInsert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.