Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an envy 4501. This is the first time I'm using it.

Customer Question

I have an envy 4501. This is the first time I'm using it. I've followed all instructions on the document suggested here. It aligned itself with the scanner. Printed the test page and now I keep getting a message on printer saying the print cartridge can't move. Followed instructions multiple times and keep getting same error message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• exercise the carriage mount by sliding it left & right a number of time and noting if it would be smooth all the way;• check / ensure that there are no foreign matter, bits of paper, dried lubricant and/or anything out of the ordinary inside the printer;• check/clean the encoder strip, a translucent plastic with bar code like markings running at the back of the carriage mount.Perhaps the video HERE may shed additional insight.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.