John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The computer will not connect with the printer. POP-UP states

Customer Question

The computer will not connect with the printer. POP-UP states 'network discovery service is missing.' What can I do to get it printing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your printer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
was the printer working fine earlier or the problem just popped in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yES
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps given below and let me know how it goes. 1. Unplug the routers power cable and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.2. unplug the printer power as well and let it sit.3. Connect the routers power back and let it turn on and bootupwait for 3 mins to get the router booted up and be stablenow turn the pc/computer on and let the computer connect to the wireless and verify the pc is connected to the internet using wireless service.4. Now turn the printer power on and let it boot as well.Now try to print and tell me if it prints or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work - It is getting late and I'm ging to turn in. BYE
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
not a problem you can reply back tomorrow we can continue.