John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just after changing all cartridges, I get vertical white lines

Customer Question

Just after changing all cartridges, I get vertical white lines on my printouts (both photos and texts.What is the problem and how can I get rid of it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. There are 2, possibly three repair steps we need to do to try and fix this. Before I suggest what steps those are, I need to know some more info. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Mac. OS X 10.10.4. My printer is a Canon Pixma Model MG6220.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer has always worked well. This is the first time I have had the problem with the lines. Last week I tried some cartridge refills that were not official Canon ones. They were rejected, so I bought new Canon ones, and it prints very well except for the lines (sometimes vertical, sometimes horizontal, depending on the orientation of the output.
Dennis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me an approximate time that you'll be responding to my request? I have a rather busy schedule, and I'd like to get this taken care of as soon as possible (without being charged additionally for an urgent status, since you already have the answer ready, apparently).
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. It looks like the prior expert, Dustin, has opted out.Can you please confirm for me that the printed pages are indeed coming out with vertical lines (in the 11" direction) and not with horizontal lines (int eh 8.5 inch direction)?Can you also please test a photocopy, direct from the glass (do this in both black and color modes) and let me know the results there?