Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a Canon Pixma ip3500 inkjet color printer that I want

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma ip3500 inkjet color printer that I want to use exclusively for black and white document printing. Is there a way to reconfigure the printer so that it will draw black ink from a black cartridge that is placed in one of the color slots?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Instructions to print using only the pigment black ink tank only. Occasionally you may need to print using black ink only. Using grayscale alone does not provide this option and the color inks will still be used. By following this procedure you may print using only the pigment black ink tank. Follow the instructions in the link below.http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=17908 If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** about the color slots. How can I load black cartridges in each of the color slots and then reconfigure the printer (driver) so it knows that black ink can be drawn from those slots also?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please be informed that you will not be able to load black cartridge in every color cartridge slots. It may not be compatible and there is a chance for it to damage the printhead too. Thank you.S H E F I N