Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My hp officejet pro 8260 printer that I bought on january 20,

Customer Question

my hp officejet pro 8260 printer that I bought on january 20, 2015 will not turn on. I tried turning my printer on and nothing happens.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does it show any sign of power at all?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. If you have unplugged your printer from power. Unplugged the printer cord from the machine. Waited five minutes. ( plug a lamp or clock or some other electrical device into the same wall outlet the printer was using, just to make sure there is actually power) Then plugged the printer back into power. And tried to turn it on. And it still shows no signs of life. Then here is the part that failed. http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1476834630&partno=CM751-60045&rid=26 Since HP covers the printer under warranty for one year. I strongly suggest you turn it in for a warranty repair. As the part alone costs almost 100$ and theres the cost of installing it. You can start your warranty repair request by going to this page and entering the serial number for your printer. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&lc=en Reasons your power supply may have failed. Electrical storms, sudden power surges or outages.. If you dont have the printer connected to a surge protector, I would consider investing in a cheap surge protector at a minimum. http://amzn.to/1CNGj5s I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I see that you viewed my response on the 21st, but you never responded.
I identified the part that had failed, where you can purchase it. Or, how you can contact HP to have them repair it for free.
Did you have further questions? If not, please return to this page and click and submit a rating as currently this question shows that I was unable to assist you.
Thank you,
Dustin S.