Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

HOW DO I CHANGE A NO TO A YES ON MY FAXMFCJ615W

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Please tell me what the 'no' regards, ***** ***** it appears, and where the 'yes' appears. I would guess that you have a menu selection to make, you want to choose the YES option, and the 'NO' option is highlighted or selected. Use the left-selector, or left-arrow key, to go to 'YES'. Or, in some Brother printer models, for some choice prompts, that allow you to choose betwen NO and YES, you use the Up Arrow to select 'YES'.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither choice worked!!!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that my instructions were (apparently) N/A to the device or the situation. What prompt are you answering on the Brother device? that might indicate to me what the real answer is - one of the answers I offered was for some situations on a Brother device, but it may vary according to the prompt and what is being prompted. Let me know - another attempt to answer your question will cost you nothing more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to put fax memory on and it is off. I am trying to send a fax to the electric co and it. Won't go through it says I am out of memory. My friend told me to try to put memory on. That is what I am trying to do. Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. That's not an interface problem, that's an issue with an error condition or error message. It may seem superfluous to ask, but I need to (in order to prevent any further misunderstanding of the situation on my part) ... I need to ask, What is the full, and exact, text of the error indication about memory status, full memory? it could be 'out of memory' or it could be 'memory full'. Also... is your fax in condition to print anything off? to test, run a one-page photocopy with it, of just anything, black-and-white mode is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer printed. The transmission report said NG:poor line condition/out of memory
I don't know to react to this that is why I needed an expert. Thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK! Thanks for the information, that clears up things considerably. Unfortunately, that error message is somewhat ambiguous. It could mean one thing or the other. Try sending a one page, black-and-white fax on plain paper. It might be untransmittable owing to some problem, or it might be a 'too little memory' problem... if that fails, the untransmittable problem is likely, if it succeeds, you really might have a memory full problem. Send that one-page b&w fax to HP's Fax Test facility (if you have no moral objection to using an HP free test facility when you don't have an HP machine.) Their number is ***** (1-***-***-****) and then (if it doesn't bring up the same error message) wait 6 minutes or so, and HP's test fax facility will send you a reply fax. Thus testing both sending and receiving. Let me know the result of that test... and if the error message is the same, let me know, or if there's a different error, please note it exactly. Thanks.