Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My printer was working great. suddenly in mist of putting new

Customer Question

my printer was working great. suddenly in mist of putting new paper in-stopped. when i put document to print-ribbon part does not advance as usual. i dont' mind paying. my question is if you are not able to direct me to fix-then what. is it possible to talk to someone rather than chat as more difficukt. not the most computer savy indivdual.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If the ribbon is not advancing as it normally does, it could be as simple as replacing the ribbon. If the ribbon has become stuck or if the sprocket on the ribbon has broken, this is all you should need to do. Here is a link to the replacement ribbon:http://amzn.to/1HDHtilyou can check to see if the printer is turning the ribbon or trying to turn the ribbon by looking at the post on the printer that goes into the ribbon and turns it much like a cassette. If that is not turning in the problem could be more serious. Mike