Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My printer does not print. First it said ink needed replacement

Customer Question

My printer does not print. First it said ink needed replacement and only printed in color. Now it will not print at all. It has a new cartridge in for ink. Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you If you havent tried to do so yet. ( You didnt mention it ) Then please try a printhead cleaning as shown below files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp410_/xp410_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP410/cleaning_head_lcd_xp410.html You can run the printhead cleaning up to 4 times.. But I dont recommend running it more then 3 times. If you dont see even a slight improvement after the second time dont clean it a 3rd time, as your just wasting ink at that point. Please try the cleaning routine, and let me know if that helps. If not, we can discuss other repair options. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to access your file recommendation
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies. Please try this link instead. https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp410_/xp410_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP410/cleaning_head_lcd_xp410.html After you click that, does it open the printhead cleaning directions page?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. You never responded after I sent you the updated link.
Were you able to run the printhead cleaning, did it solve the issue. Do you still need help?
Please respond when you can and clarify the current status of the issue.
Thank you,
Dustin S.