John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a brother printer model no. mfcj5910dw. I pened the

Customer Question

I have a brother printer model no. mfcj5910dw. I pened the back door to remove a janed paper and after that I could not close the back door . The door is hitting something when I try to close it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. This is a typical image of the back door of the printer: http://support.brother.com/g/b/img/faqend/faq00000495_043/us/en/28448/000495_5910_096.gif Look around the edges for protruding or bent parts, either where the door fits back in, or on the edges of the rear door itself. And, where you pulled out the paper (especially if it required considerable force to do so), see if there is something protruding from the rollers on the metal rod, or among them. Let me know what, if anything, you find out. And I will advise you further.