Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Pixma iP3300 stopped. Ink reservoir full. Cleaned it out

Customer Question

My Pixma iP3300 stopped. Ink reservoir full. Cleaned it out - messy job. Reassembled the printer BUT alternate green/orange flashing 7 times. How do I reset?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Waste ink tank absorb full?
you may try the steps given below however the steps given is a temporary fix to cheat the sensor of the waste ink tank but if the ink absorb is actually filled with ink then the steps will not work you will either get a new waste ink absord or you have to open the printer remove the cover and locate the absorb tank which is located at the bottom of the print head remove it carefully and try to put in under warn tap water let the entire ink be removed and then you can dry up the foam and put it back the sensor will not detect its full after ist cleaned dried, most probably on the right hand side of the printer.
Try to enter service mode and reset EEPROM:
1. Start with the printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. Let green light blink until printer is done moving print head
Press RESUME 4 times then POWER to execute the command
turn the plug off turn on and all ok
Let me know if you have any question. Then reset steps is a temporary fix and not an actual fix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have told me what I already know and tried several times. Please consult a repairman. You mention a sensor and that it is only a temporary fix; where and why?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
The steps which i gave you never mentioned that you have already tried.
Logically the answer is you will have to replace your waste ink tank absorber to make the printer work.
i will open this question to other experts for there views.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** I was wondering if you still needed help with this issue. If you did, I have a question, when you were using the resume and power reset method. When you get to the point where you are releasing resume and power. And then when you were pressing resume twice. Did you see the colors of t he lights alternate with each single press of the resume button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the green and orange lights alternate with each single pressing of the Resume button.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, when you get to where you are pressing resume 2 times.. Instead, press it four times. Watch the light to make sure its alternating colors. 4 times clears the waste ink counter. Then press power. That will reset the error. The error MUST be reset.. Even if you decide to replace the waste ink pads themselves.. You must also reset the error or brand new pads will still give t he same hardware error. If the machine starts leaking ink.. Then you know its time to clean or replace the waste ink absorber. Heres how. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYtQxzvru4w&feature=youtu.be If you get stuck or have any further questions.. Let me know~ I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Dustin. That doesn't work either. I still get alternating 7 flashes. This leads me to conclude the problem is mechanical.
What are the probable causes?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if you still get those flashes. And you have tried the reset sequence with four presses instead of two. Then the waste ink absorber is actually full. And it needs to be cleaned, emptied or replaced. ( and then you run the reset again ) So your right, it is mechanical. And heres what you need to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYtQxzvru4w&feature=youtu.be Considering its extremely difficult to find those pads. What you are going to want to do is follow the video to remove t hem. And then, clean evry pad out in a metal sinc ( so it doesnt stain ) Clean the pads out with warm water till no more ink is coming out of them. All pads shown. Then, make sure you allow them to fully air dry. And once dry , place them back in the printer. Then, the reset will clear the code. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin. I've already cleaned the waste ink reservoir and the 4 absorber pads. A messy job to be sure. What I could not reach or clean out, was the small rubber tube running from the ink receiver to the reservoir. Is this my last hope? If so, how do I get at it?
I'm very reluctant to toss a very good and well-made machine into the garbage.
Cliff
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Its possible the tube either is clogged. Or one of the ends isnt fully connected, breaking the suction seal and not allowing ink to flow to the reservoir..