Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My canon MG 5350 has a printer error B200 displayed. Could

Customer Question

Hi. My canon MG 5350 has a printer error B200 displayed. Could you please assist me with the problem. Thanks Rich
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l have just turned it off as indicated on the display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when open printer up the cartridges dont come back to the central position so you can remove them.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the carriage by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.
Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.
Now clean it the way I gave you before leaving it in the middle.
Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned machine. Was able to move the cartridge cradle back and forth. Turned printer back on but still displayed the same error message
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning. This video explains how to do that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8
You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help Freddy. l might just take it back to where i bought. How much do l owe you for your help today. Thanks Rich
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
From what I can see it would be $27 USD. It only shows me the amount in USD. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Freddy
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.